Free Couples Download Books

Share:
Free Couples  Download Books
Couples Paperback | Pages: 570 pages
Rating: 3.59 | 4698 Users | 320 Reviews

Mention Books Conducive To Couples

Original Title: Couples
ISBN: 044991190X (ISBN13: 9780449911907)
Edition Language: English

Relation During Books Couples

Couples is the book that has been assailed for its complete frankness & praised as an artful, seductive, savagely graphic portrait of love, marriage & adultery in America. But be it damned or hailed, Couples drew back the curtain forever on sex in suburbia in the late 20th century. A classic, it's one of those books that will be read & remembered for a long time to come.

Identify Epithetical Books Couples

Title:Couples
Author:John Updike
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 570 pages
Published:August 27th 1996 by Random House Trade Paperbacks (first published 1968)
Categories:Fiction. Classics. Literature. American. Novels

Rating Epithetical Books Couples
Ratings: 3.59 From 4698 Users | 320 Reviews

Write-Up Epithetical Books Couples


I haven't read anything by John Updike for years so I picked up "Couples" at the library just so I could switch over to a prominent American writer for a change of pace. One of his most read books, "Couples" deals with the "new morality" that took hold amongst the young surburbanite married couples starting in the early 60's. Updike portrays this suburban culture in graphic, explicit terms, painting a picture of almost total inmorality amoung the couples of the town of "Tarbox". Even in 2011

Maybe I'm an idealist when it comes to matter of the heart, romantic idiom, love and marriage, so it is hard for me to grasp the reality that some people actually live(d) as described in this book. But with an entire novel (Couples) and a good part of at least two of the Rabbit books dedicated to the scenario of partner "swapping" and "swinging," and other forms of adultery (a.k.a. cheating), I am pushed to accept that not only does this behavior exist, but that author John Updike actually did

I read "Couples" while living in Greece. There is nothing more opposite than Updike and Greece. One is bereft of worldly experience and the latter is a cornucopia of it. This was one of those books you read in short spurts, coming back to it out of a feeling of duty rather than from suspense or interest.Also, it's not a book to read right after you've just married, which I did. Hence, I found it boring and irrelevant. Like everything else, reviews must take into account the flow of time

Couldn't even finish this book--and I tried pretty hard. These couples just became insufferable after a while, everyone cheating on one another and then doing nothing to make their lives what they want it to be. A bunch of miserable people complaining a lot and longing after one another--a real slog to get through.

Sex is like money; only too much is enough. It's 1968 and religion is dying. Faith is fluttering away. Marriage is a desolate, lonely place. With death approaching, all that comforts is the welcoming arms of a lover. Sex is the new religion. But not just any sex. It's gotta be sex with someone who isn't your legally bound partner. Maybe it's the wife of your friend. The pregnant woman down the road. The town's dentist. It's time for some bed hopping. You know, the old switcheroo. Lascivious

I read "Couples" while living in Greece. There is nothing more opposite than Updike and Greece. One is bereft of worldly experience and the latter is a cornucopia of it. This was one of those books you read in short spurts, coming back to it out of a feeling of duty rather than from suspense or interest.Also, it's not a book to read right after you've just married, which I did. Hence, I found it boring and irrelevant. Like everything else, reviews must take into account the flow of time

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.