Free Download Books Maybe You Should Talk to Someone: A Therapist, Her Therapist, and Our Lives Revealed

Share:

Define Containing Books Maybe You Should Talk to Someone: A Therapist, Her Therapist, and Our Lives Revealed

Title:Maybe You Should Talk to Someone: A Therapist, Her Therapist, and Our Lives Revealed
Author:Lori Gottlieb
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 415 pages
Published:April 2nd 2019 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Categories:Nonfiction. Autobiography. Memoir. Psychology. Self Help
Free Download Books Maybe You Should Talk to Someone: A Therapist, Her Therapist, and Our Lives Revealed
Maybe You Should Talk to Someone: A Therapist, Her Therapist, and Our Lives Revealed Hardcover | Pages: 415 pages
Rating: 4.38 | 83148 Users | 8024 Reviews

Chronicle Toward Books Maybe You Should Talk to Someone: A Therapist, Her Therapist, and Our Lives Revealed

One day, Lori Gottlieb is a therapist who helps patients in her Los Angeles practice. The next, a crisis causes her world to come crashing down. Enter Wendell, the quirky but seasoned therapist in whose office she suddenly lands. With his balding head, cardigan, and khakis, he seems to have come straight from Therapist Central Casting. Yet he will turn out to be anything but. As Gottlieb explores the inner chambers of her patients' lives -- a self-absorbed Hollywood producer, a young newlywed diagnosed with a terminal illness, a senior citizen threatening to end her life on her birthday if nothing gets better, and a twenty-something who can't stop hooking up with the wrong guys -- she finds that the questions they are struggling with are the very ones she is now bringing to Wendell.

Particularize Books During Maybe You Should Talk to Someone: A Therapist, Her Therapist, and Our Lives Revealed

Original Title: Maybe You Should Talk to Someone: A Therapist, Her Therapist, and Our Lives Revealed
ISBN: 1328662055 (ISBN13: 9781328662057)
Edition Language: English
Setting: Los Angeles, California(United States)
Literary Awards: Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Nonfiction (2019)


Rating Containing Books Maybe You Should Talk to Someone: A Therapist, Her Therapist, and Our Lives Revealed
Ratings: 4.38 From 83148 Users | 8024 Reviews

Appraise Containing Books Maybe You Should Talk to Someone: A Therapist, Her Therapist, and Our Lives Revealed
I read the first 2/3 of the physical book and teetered between 4 or 5 stars before I switched to the audiobook in the last 1/3 and ended up crying in a few of the chapters, solidifying the 5-star rating. The author comes across as genuine and insightful in her writing, and the narrator does such a good job at sounding compassionate and patient, as if I were listening to the therapist herself. She wrote a lot of insights that resonated with me, like how we often stay in our negative mindset

What is therapy like? The author breaks down the walls and gives us a peek behind closed doors into her sessions with clients as well as sessions with her own therapist, who she consults after a devastating break-up. We also get glimpses into the author's education, career, and her personal life.I felt as if I got to know her and her patients and I became invested in their lives. Details were changed for confidentiality, but the spirit of the stories remained true and the problems were real. I

Stayed home for two days to read this insightful book - couldnt put it down! Needed tissues multiple times; I cried for every character- Lori Gottlieb writes with heart, vulnerability and truth while giving us a look behind the scenes of a therapists life. So much to think about.I loved and learned so much reading Maybe You Should Talk To Someone. Heading to therapy when life throws you a curveball may be just the thing you need to face your problems head on. It is a process, not a quick fix,

Can't help wondering: has anyone tried to measure the impact of this book on her client inflow? I wouldn't be so sure of it being positive. While it's really good and fun and a lot of good things, it would not attract me to book an appointment. As a hypothetical client, after reading this I'm not sure I'd have been comfortable with such attitude.Some very deep thoughts:Q:Its impossible to get to know people deeply and not come to like them. We should take the worlds enemies, get them in a room

Great review. I agree with you. I sort of oscillated between 4 and 5 stars but settled on 5 stars. The one shortcoming was I agree it was a bit too

Face it, we could all use therapy. This memoir pulls back the curtain on the benefits of therapy, the stigmas, our hesitancy to open up about mental health, and also becomes a celebration of life.The setup is that Lori, a therapist herself, experiences a life-shattering breakup and decides to start therapy mostly for selfish reasons--getting someone to agree that her ex-boyfriend is a jerk. Juxtaposed with that are the stories of Loris clients and their growth. While Lori experiences growth, she

Not my normal genre - I don't read much non-fiction and no self-help, but I loved this.I adore books that make me laugh and cry, teach me things and make me think about stuff I've never thought of before. Maybe You Should Talk to Someone ticked all of the above boxes.Lori Gottlieb shows us that to make mistakes is human, and that we should have more compassion for others AND ourselves.I loved that we got to know the author, her therapist and her selected patients on a deeply personal level, and

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.