Free Download Books Unfinished Tales of Númenor and Middle-Earth (Unfinished Tales)

Share:

Itemize Books In Favor Of Unfinished Tales of Númenor and Middle-Earth (Unfinished Tales)

Original Title: Unfinished Tales of Númenor and Middle-earth
ISBN: 026110215X (ISBN13: 9780261102156)
Edition Language: English
Series: Unfinished Tales, Middle-earth Universe
Characters: Gandalf, Tuor
Setting: Middle-earth
Literary Awards: Locus Award Nominee for Best Single Author Collection (1981), Mythopoeic Fantasy Award (1981), Balrog Award for Best Collection/Anthology (1981)
Free Download Books Unfinished Tales of Númenor and Middle-Earth (Unfinished Tales)
Unfinished Tales of Númenor and Middle-Earth (Unfinished Tales) Hardcover | Pages: 452 pages
Rating: 3.95 | 28944 Users | 681 Reviews

Particularize Based On Books Unfinished Tales of Númenor and Middle-Earth (Unfinished Tales)

Title:Unfinished Tales of Númenor and Middle-Earth (Unfinished Tales)
Author:J.R.R. Tolkien
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 452 pages
Published:June 1st 2000 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published October 1980)
Categories:Fantasy. Fiction. Classics. High Fantasy. Epic Fantasy. Short Stories. Science Fiction Fantasy

Explanation Conducive To Books Unfinished Tales of Númenor and Middle-Earth (Unfinished Tales)

Classic hardback edition of this fascinating collection of stories, featuring Tolkien’s own painting of the dragon Glaurung on the cover, which continues the tales of The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings and The Silmarillion and contains an alternative version of The Children of Hurin.

Unfinished Tales is a collection of narratives ranging in time from the Elder Days of Middle-earth to the end of the War of the Ring, and provides those who have read The Lord of the Rings with a whole collection of background and new stories from the twentieth century’s most acclaimed popular author.

The book concentrates on the realm of Middle-earth and comprises such elements as Gandalf’s lively account of how it was that he came to send the Dwarves to the celebrated party at Bag-End, the emergence of the sea-god Ulmo before the eyes of Tuor on the coast of Beleriand, and an exact description of the military organization of the Riders of Rohan.

Unfinished Tales also contains the only story about the long ages of Numenor before its downfall, and all that is known about such matters as the Five Wizards, the Palantiri and the legend of Amroth. The tales were collated and edited by JRR Tolkien’s son and literary heir, Christopher Tolkien, who provides a short commentary on each story, helping the reader to fill in the gaps and put each story into the context of the rest of his father’s writings.

Rating Based On Books Unfinished Tales of Númenor and Middle-Earth (Unfinished Tales)
Ratings: 3.95 From 28944 Users | 681 Reviews

Judge Based On Books Unfinished Tales of Númenor and Middle-Earth (Unfinished Tales)
Since I found some of these stories quite interesting and a couple others utterly boring, I've brought my rating to 4 stars. I will say that it isn't a good idea to go into this book unless you are already an avid Tolkien fan. This book is a collection of unfinished pieces (I mean, the title?) from LOTR, The Hobbit, The Silmarillion and other like books. If reading notes upon notes of what certain things could have meant etc. bores you to death, this book is not for you lol. I did find it all

Thoroughly enjoyed this, it was just so great to learn more about both old and new characters!! Tolkien's middle earth is so rich and beautiful and it was amazing to be able to delve even deeper into it!

Great collection of additional information regarding Middle Earth. I especially enjoyed those from the third age, however I found the second age ones to be less intriguing as the others plot wise. However, in terms of world building, Tolkien is as faultless as ever.

Unfinished Tales of Númenor and Middle-earth by J.R.R. Tolkien is a collection of stories that further relate to the events in The Silmarillion and The Lord of the Rings and tells more about the Elder Days of Middle-earth to the end of the War of the Ring.I loved reading Unfinished Tales of Númenor and Middle-earth as I hadn't read this book before. It added to the stories that I am already familiar with. This is a great addition for collector's of Tolkien's work.

If you are not huge Tolkien fan or you haven't readSilmarillion yet, I suggest you to to skip this book. ForTolkien fans (as I am), who read Silmarillion, this willbe nice and informative read. I must admit that I wasa bit bored in some parts, but overall impression ismore than good.Also, during this read I realized how slow I am whenreading Tolkien. I suppose there are books (or evenwriters) that I have to savor: I need to read them veryslowly, so I can taste each word or phrase, to let them

A fascinating look at many of the stories that did not make it into Professor Tolkien's primary works. This is probably one of my favorite books of this well-known mythology.(view spoiler)[I think my favorite part of this book is the chapter concerning the history of Galadriel and Celeborn. Tolkien clearly had many different ideas for their origins, and it's utterly fascinating to see those ideas laid out. It also makes a person wonder what he ultimately would have laid down for them. The

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.