Itemize Books As Parmenides
| Original Title: | Παρμενίδης |
| ISBN: | 094105196X (ISBN13: 9780941051965) |
| Edition Language: | English |

Plato
Paperback | Pages: 96 pages Rating: 4.03 | 1880 Users | 106 Reviews
Mention Appertaining To Books Parmenides
| Title | : | Parmenides |
| Author | : | Plato |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 96 pages |
| Published | : | January 1st 1996 by Focus (first published -340) |
| Categories | : | Philosophy. Classics. Nonfiction. Literature. Ancient. History. Ancient History |
Chronicle Toward Books Parmenides
This is an English translation of one of the more challenging and enigmatic of Plato's dialogues between Socrates and Parmenides and Zeno of Elea, that begins with Zeno defending his treatise of Parmenidean monism against those partisans of plurality. Focus Philosophical Library translations are close to and are non-interpretative of the original text, with the notes and a glossary intending to provide the reader with some sense of the terms and the concepts as they were understood by Plato’s immediate audience.Rating Appertaining To Books Parmenides
Ratings: 4.03 From 1880 Users | 106 ReviewsEvaluate Appertaining To Books Parmenides
Extremely important dialogue. In some ways I think Plato is best understood as a response to Parmenides and Heraclitus. However, even having read Parmenides' fragments and listening to some lectures on this dialogue, I still must confess that the second half was much too obscure for me to comprehend well; hence I hope to listen to some more lectures and perhaps read some secondary literature on this profoundly impactful thinker.It was also nice to see Socrates get owned for once."My entire discourse originates in an axiomatic decision; that of the non-being of the one. The dialectical consequences of this decision are painstakingly unfolded by Plato at the very end of the Parmenides."Painstaking is absolutely right. The first part of this work sees young Socrates get got by the elderly Parmenides, which (I won't deny it) was very satisfying, even as a fan of Socrates' hemlock- earning antics. The second part, however... Well. I direct you back to the Badiou quote, and
If the Mad Hatter ever wrote a philosophy book, this would be it. Even scholars can't make any sense of it.

Parmenides is written by Plato to understand his philosophy.Parmenides is one of the first physicist in the Ancient Greek times. His philosophy cannot be understood very easily, but it's unique and it's very important to understand his "ONE" for the knowledge, real, truth, being, non-being..(http://sirbookstore.com/parmenides.html)
If the Mad Hatter ever wrote a philosophy book, this would be it. Even scholars can't make any sense of it.
Tricked myself into reading this. I'd like to read Plotinus, because there is something mysterious and intoxicating in what little of him I've approached. It's not like philosophy as I've typically been interested in; it's quasi-religious, and quasi-religion is something that interests me at present also. There's essentially no point in reading Plotinus without a strong grasp of, and relationship with, Plato's theory of forms.Now, I studied the Republic back when I was a teenager. Come out of


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.