Free Zazie in the Metro Books Online Download

Share:

Details Books Concering Zazie in the Metro

Original Title: Zazie dans le métro
ISBN: 0142180041 (ISBN13: 9780142180044)
Edition Language: English
Characters: Zazie, Gabriel, Turandot, Charles, Laverture, Mado-p'tits pieds, Marceline
Setting: Paris(France)
Free Zazie in the Metro Books Online Download
Zazie in the Metro Paperback | Pages: 157 pages
Rating: 3.71 | 6207 Users | 376 Reviews

Declare Based On Books Zazie in the Metro

Title:Zazie in the Metro
Author:Raymond Queneau
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Penguin Twentieth-Century Classics
Pages:Pages: 157 pages
Published:October 25th 2001 by Penguin Books Ltd (first published 1959)
Categories:Fiction. Cultural. France. Classics. European Literature. French Literature

Description As Books Zazie in the Metro

Impish, foul-mouthed Zazie arrives in Paris from the country to stay with her uncle Gabriel. All she really wants to do is ride the metro, but finding it shut because of a strike, Zazie looks for other means of amusement and is soon caught up in a comic adventure that becomes wilder and more manic by the minute.

In 1960 Queneau's cult classic was made into a hugely successful film by Louis Malle. Packed full of word play and phonetic games, 'Zazie in the Metro' remains as stylish and witty today as it did back then.

Rating Based On Books Zazie in the Metro
Ratings: 3.71 From 6207 Users | 376 Reviews

Critique Based On Books Zazie in the Metro
This book is so funny!!! A perfect antidote to the Hamsun I read immediately before. Though I must say that it seriously tested the limits of my colloquial French... I thought I wasn't too bad at French slang, but this book put me firmly in my place. My edition appeared to be intended for French high school students, and there were many useful footnotes explaining the less obvious pieces of argot, obscure references, and neologisms (Queneau loves making up words). He also has an endearing way of

You gotta love a book about a bitchy, foul-mouthed 11-year old girl, especially one from the French countryside who comes to Paris to visit the subway, only the subways are on strike, so she opens up a can of whoopez-vous ass to every Parisian her little bumply acid tongue can spit out. "Zazie" isn't a great book but I think it's great someone wrote a book about a vile little girl. I'd rather bow to her than Miley Cyrus any day.

This short whimsical novel from the Parisian polymath (and co-founder of the Oulipo) isnt representative of his phenomenal talent, but is a tittersome romp through a cinematic Paris of the 1950s with the acid-tongued Zazie the charming misfit at its core.The humour was, for its time, subversive, with its foul-mouthed heroine, the consistent references to homossesuality and the playfully childish words spelled phonetically throughout the text. There is no plot as such, minus Zazies persistent

Q. Besides a lifespan that encompassed the first years of the 20th century through the late 1970s, first-hand knowledge of the consequences of both world wars, a lifelong devotion to both wife and literature, a large body of work that spanned many genres, with a love of wordplay, humor, high diction, multilinguistic prose, a great attention to structure and experiments in form, and late recognition as one of the most important and influential writers in their respective language(s), what did



I've just upgraded my rating here.I read this when I was at university and it was great fun but I'm not too sure that I would like to read Mr Queneau's other books. Zany Zazie!

Being or nothing, that is the question. Ascending, descending, coming, going, a man does so much that in the end he disappears. Raymond Queneau, Zazie in the Metro A Raymond Queneau funny-bone tickler, a witty zazissle through Paris with Uncle Gabriel hosting visiting Zazie, the ever oh so very loveable little wisecracker who oh so very much wishes to ride the citys Metro. And I was ever on the qt for how many of RQs 99 exercises in style turn up displaying their linguistic proboscis in this

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.