Be Specific About Books In Favor Of August: Osage County
| Original Title: | August: Osage County |
| ISBN: | 1559363304 (ISBN13: 9781559363303) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Characters: | Violet Weston, Beverly Weston, Barbara, Karen, Ivy |
| Setting: | Pawhuska, Oklahoma,2007(United States) |
| Literary Awards: | Pulitzer Prize for Drama (2008) |
Tracy Letts
Paperback | Pages: 138 pages Rating: 4.19 | 14779 Users | 808 Reviews
Representaion Supposing Books August: Osage County
One of the most bracing and critically acclaimed plays in recent history, August: Osage County is a portrait of the dysfunctional American family at its finest—and absolute worst. When the patriarch of the Weston clan disappears one hot summer night, the family reunites at the Oklahoma homestead, where long-held secrets are unflinchingly and uproariously revealed. The three-act, three-and-a-half-hour mammoth of a play combines epic tragedy with black comedy, dramatizing three generations of unfulfilled dreams and leaving not one of its thirteen characters unscathed.
Specify Containing Books August: Osage County
| Title | : | August: Osage County |
| Author | : | Tracy Letts |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Special Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 138 pages |
| Published | : | February 1st 2008 by Theatre Communications Group |
| Categories | : | Plays. Drama. Theatre. Fiction |
Rating Containing Books August: Osage County
Ratings: 4.19 From 14779 Users | 808 ReviewsWeigh Up Containing Books August: Osage County
More like 3.5. The beginning was kind of slow for me, but it really got interesting in act two. I was really surprised by a lot of the plot turns. Overall I liked it, but I'm not eager to write a paper on it. #bfaproblems.I havent laughed this hard while reading in a long, long time.
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/I dont know where this popped up (I highly doubt it was Goodreads recommendation feature since (a) its a script not a book and Ive never had that happen and (b) its something I would actually want to read). It wasnt via a friend either because only a few of them have read it and none posted a detailed review. That leaves either Instagram or the library . . . . . Not that it matters much, but I do like to give credit where credit is

Disfunctional family+fighting+dark humour= great play/book
We're all just people, some of us accidentally connected by genetics, a random selection of cells. Nothing more.I don't believe David Simon is to blame but the one episode of The Wire where Bunk and McNulty solve a case by only using the word fuck may have set us upon a path. The artist as steward of shock. [since I first reviewed this I have watched a number of scenes on YouTube and it didn't really help. I am inclined to actually regard with a diminishing regard.] Mr Letts has given us
A dysfunctional family dynamic on full and earnest display. The writer (play write) effectively nails the psychology of you can't see the forest for the trees of certain situations, especially pertaining to love and family.
Tracey Letts is the son of Billie Letts who wrote Where the Heart Is and other novels, all taking place in Oklahoma. Following in his mother's footsteps, Tracey Letts became a playwright, most notably of August: Osage County, which won both the Pulitzer Prize for drama and Tony Award in 2009. In Osage County, the dysfunctional Weston family has gathered to assist their mother Violet after their father Beverly's funeral. Premiering at Chicago's Steppenwolf Theater, Osage County is a gritty family


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.