Present Books As The Bunker Diary
| ISBN: | 0141326123 (ISBN13: 9780141326122) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Characters: | Linus Weems |
| Literary Awards: | Dioraphte Jongerenliteratuurprijs Nominee for vertaald boek (2015), Carnegie Medal (2014) |

Kevin Brooks
Paperback | Pages: 268 pages Rating: 3.81 | 8318 Users | 1702 Reviews
Be Specific About Appertaining To Books The Bunker Diary
| Title | : | The Bunker Diary |
| Author | : | Kevin Brooks |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 268 pages |
| Published | : | March 7th 2013 by Penguin |
| Categories | : | Young Adult. Thriller. Horror. Fiction. Mystery. Contemporary. Suspense |
Chronicle Toward Books The Bunker Diary
I can't believe I fell for it. It was still dark when I woke up this morning. As soon as my eyes opened I knew where I was. A low-ceilinged rectangular building made entirely of whitewashed concrete. There are six little rooms along the main corridor. There are no windows. No doors. The elevator is the only way in or out. What's he going to do to me? What am I going to do? People are really quite simple, and they have simple needs. Food, water, light, space, privacy. Maybe a small measure of dignity. A bit of freedom. What happens when someone simply takes all that away?Rating Appertaining To Books The Bunker Diary
Ratings: 3.81 From 8318 Users | 1702 ReviewsCrit Appertaining To Books The Bunker Diary
This book is absolute perfection. I would not change a single thing about it, especially the ending. The messages are so intricately woven and muddled in with often completely meaningless diversions that it can at times be difficult to understand what Brooks is actually attempting to communicate - but that's all part of the wonderful, intriguing mystery of this book. The reason that I couldn't give it full stars is because it's absolutely the most horrifying and unforgiving book I have everI think I've lost my ability to speak !
This book was part of a Carnegie Short List package I bought for a school library, and I started reading it primarily to figure out if it was appropriate for Middle School or not (view spoiler)[ and I eventually decided that it is not - as it is too brutal (hide spoiler)]. After a couple of pages I had completely forgotten that I read it for work. I laughed, I cried, I ignored the rest of the world until I had finished it.There is a lot of violence and hopelessness in the story, and it calls to

4½ Out of 5I thought he was blind. That's how he got me. I still can't believe I fell for it. I keep playing it over in my mind, hoping I'll do something different, but it always turns out the same...A thousand questions have streamed through my head.Where am I? Where's the blind man? Who is he? What does he want? What's he going to do to me? What am I going to do?I don't knowLinus was living on the streets, living rough. But that doesn't mean he was rough. When he saw the blind guy struggling,
Kidnapped and trapped in a bunker, this diary tells the story of Linus Weems from the day that he wakes up down there to the day that the nightmare ends. Over time he is joined by five others, from a nine year old girl to a older man dying of a brain tumor. There is no rhyme or reason as to why these six were chosen and throughout the entire book you wait and wait and wait to learn something about the "man upstairs" who kidnapped all of them. Then the book ends. Nothing was resolved and everyone
For book reviews and more, please visit my book blog, The Book StopThe Bunker Diary is a brilliantly written novel. This is the first book I've read of Kevin Brooks, and I have to say that he's a very talented author. The synopsis caught my attention for this novel. It seemed mysterious and creepy. I was intrigued to find out more. So I bought it and started reading straight away.Right from the beginning The Bunker Diary was a page turner. I was up 'till all hours reading. It had such a


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.