Details Books In Favor Of The Enchanted
| Original Title: | The Enchanted |
| ISBN: | 0062285505 (ISBN13: 9780062285508) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Literary Awards: | The Center for Fiction First Novel Prize Nominee for Shortlist (2014), Andrew Carnegie Medal Nominee for Fiction (2015), Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Fiction (2014), International Dublin Literary Award Nominee (2016) |

Rene Denfeld
Hardcover | Pages: 233 pages Rating: 3.95 | 17699 Users | 3360 Reviews
List Regarding Books The Enchanted
| Title | : | The Enchanted |
| Author | : | Rene Denfeld |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 233 pages |
| Published | : | March 4th 2014 by Harper |
| Categories | : | Fiction. Magical Realism. Fantasy. Mystery. Adult |
Rendition Supposing Books The Enchanted
This is an enchanted place. Others don't see it, but I do. The enchanted place is an ancient stone prison, viewed through the eyes of a death row inmate who finds escape in his books and in re-imagining life around him, weaving a fantastical story of the people he observes and the world he inhabits. Fearful and reclusive, he senses what others cannot. Though bars confine him every minute of every day, he marries magical visions of golden horses running beneath the prison, heat flowing like molten metal from their backs, with the devastating violence of prison life. Two outsiders venture here: a fallen priest, and the Lady, an investigator who searches for buried information from prisoners' pasts that can save those soon-to-be-executed. Digging into the background of a killer named York, she uncovers wrenching truths that challenge familiar notions of victim and criminal, innocence and guilt, honour and corruption-ultimately revealing shocking secrets of her own.Rating Regarding Books The Enchanted
Ratings: 3.95 From 17699 Users | 3360 ReviewsWrite Up Regarding Books The Enchanted
This book just kicked me in the emotions.
Many years ago I went to the theater to see a movie called "Dead Man Walking." One of the few movies I have seen that I had not read the book first, I am however, a big Susan Sarandon fan and tried to see all movies in which she took part. Anyway this was an emotionally powerful movie and I knew the other in the theater felt the same way because at the end of the movie there was dead silence, for quite a few seconds and than everyone rose to their feet and clapped. After reading this book I had

Click here to watch a video review of this book on my channel, From Beginning to Bookend. The Enchanted is one hell of a debut. Jarring, pithy, and unsettling. The story, conveyed through the eyes of a man on death row, unveils the blurred lines between guilt and innocence. He presents a world both wondrous and filled with nightmares, leading us by the hand to a gut-punch of a conclusion. He can chat with a man like York, he can even show kindness to a man like Arden, but he knows in his heart
Wild horses galloping underground. Really? I will hate this. But its not fantasy, my friend insists. I smile fakely and say without hesitation (like we all do when we know damn well its not up our alley), Sounds good, but I have a bunch of other books I have to read first. All along Im thinking, is she crazy? I hate fantasy! And I hate magical realism! No way in hell will I read this. Then she actually buys me the book. Oh shit, how can I get out of it now? I vow to give it a try, reminding
Great one !"Sometimes, when reading a book, I would think of the other people who might have touched itbefore it was donated. A nice woman who lay down with her baby for a nap might have held the book...........Book possess theme somewhat like SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION, But quite peculiar in its own way.So many Changes have taken place which changes from The enchanted to Liberal(some sort of) one.I liked the way writer initiated and went through in last chapter.It also possess philosophical touche at
I am late to the party on this book and I'm going to be the odd one out on "The Enchanted". Most people loved it but sadly not me. It is original and beautifully written but so so so dark that it didn't work for me. The magical realism with the subject matter I struggled with. Don't take my word for it. Try It! It's a case of it's me not the book.


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.