The Complete Short Stories of Ernest Hemingway 
In this definitive collection of Ernest Hemingway's short stories, readers will delight in the author's most beloved classics such as "The Snows of Kilimanjaro," "Hills Like White Elephants," and "A Clean, Well-Lighted Place," and will discover seven new tales published for the first time in this collection. For Hemingway fans The Complete Short Stories is an invaluable treasury.
Nobody does short stories like Hemingway. Moving between African savannahs, Spanish and French cities and various American settings, he always gets to the point. Human hope and happiness followed by disappointment and loss.
This is one of those books that I return to during different stages of life. What I love best about Hemingway's writing is how he handles dialogue. I'm a huge Hemingway fan so I should admit here that I love everything he writes. If you're looking for a great collection of short stories, definitely check out this book.

Took an eternity to read, but worth it.
Included here are some of the finest and most influential American short stories of the 20th century, from Big-Two Hearted River, Parts 1 and 2 to A Clean Well Lighted Place, as well as some of the most famous, A Cat in the Rain, The Snows of Kilimanjaro, The Killers, and more. This anthology published in 1987 includes all the stories from In Our Time, Men Without Women, and Winner Take Nothing, as well as those added in The First Forty-Nine Short Stories collection and those included in various
I hate giving up on a book, especially after I'm 54% through it, as my kindle informs me. But this was just not for me. I hated it, myself and Hemingway. I loved Old Man and the Sea and expected more of the same. Alas not. All this horrid abrasive men's stuff brought out the wus(s?) in me. Tormenting and slowly killing bulls etc sucks. I realise I'm in the minority but don't really care about that. 2*s for what I've read so far and not a jot or a tiitle more
The short happy life of Francis Macomber - 3/5 starsThe capital of the world - 4/5 starsThe snows of Kilimanjaro - 3/5 starsOld man at the bridge - 3/5 starsUp in Michigan - 2/5 starsOn the Quai at Smyrna - 1/5 starsIndian Camp - 3/5 starsThe doctor and the doctor's wife - 2/5 starsThe end of something - 2/5 starsThe three-day blow - 3/5 starsThe battler - 3.5/5 starsA very short story - 3/5 starsSoldier's home - 4/5 starsThe revolutionist - 2/5 starsMr. and Mrs. Elliot - 3/5 starsCat in the
Ernest Hemingway
Paperback | Pages: 650 pages Rating: 4.29 | 32677 Users | 795 Reviews

Identify Books Conducive To The Complete Short Stories of Ernest Hemingway
| Original Title: | The Complete Short Stories of Ernest Hemingway |
| ISBN: | 0684843323 (ISBN13: 9780684843322) |
| Edition Language: | English |
Ilustration As Books The Complete Short Stories of Ernest Hemingway
THE ONLY COMPLETE COLLECTION BY THE NOBEL PRIZE-WINNING AUTHORIn this definitive collection of Ernest Hemingway's short stories, readers will delight in the author's most beloved classics such as "The Snows of Kilimanjaro," "Hills Like White Elephants," and "A Clean, Well-Lighted Place," and will discover seven new tales published for the first time in this collection. For Hemingway fans The Complete Short Stories is an invaluable treasury.
Define About Books The Complete Short Stories of Ernest Hemingway
| Title | : | The Complete Short Stories of Ernest Hemingway |
| Author | : | Ernest Hemingway |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | The Finca Vigia Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 650 pages |
| Published | : | August 3rd 1998 by Scribner (first published 1925) |
| Categories | : | Short Stories. Fiction. Classics. Literature. American. 20th Century. Literary Fiction |
Rating About Books The Complete Short Stories of Ernest Hemingway
Ratings: 4.29 From 32677 Users | 795 ReviewsNotice About Books The Complete Short Stories of Ernest Hemingway
So, I didnt read the Complete short stories of Hemingway. I wanted an introduction, Id always thought of Hemingway as..well, Id never really given him much thought. He was just someone I wasnt interested in reading. Lord help me, I can be dense. Ive read about a dozen of the stories in this anthology. I asked my husband for his opinion on which ones I should start with and I think that Ive read a fair sampling, Ill probably continue to pick this up every now and then and throw another one down.Nobody does short stories like Hemingway. Moving between African savannahs, Spanish and French cities and various American settings, he always gets to the point. Human hope and happiness followed by disappointment and loss.
This is one of those books that I return to during different stages of life. What I love best about Hemingway's writing is how he handles dialogue. I'm a huge Hemingway fan so I should admit here that I love everything he writes. If you're looking for a great collection of short stories, definitely check out this book.

Took an eternity to read, but worth it.
Included here are some of the finest and most influential American short stories of the 20th century, from Big-Two Hearted River, Parts 1 and 2 to A Clean Well Lighted Place, as well as some of the most famous, A Cat in the Rain, The Snows of Kilimanjaro, The Killers, and more. This anthology published in 1987 includes all the stories from In Our Time, Men Without Women, and Winner Take Nothing, as well as those added in The First Forty-Nine Short Stories collection and those included in various
I hate giving up on a book, especially after I'm 54% through it, as my kindle informs me. But this was just not for me. I hated it, myself and Hemingway. I loved Old Man and the Sea and expected more of the same. Alas not. All this horrid abrasive men's stuff brought out the wus(s?) in me. Tormenting and slowly killing bulls etc sucks. I realise I'm in the minority but don't really care about that. 2*s for what I've read so far and not a jot or a tiitle more
The short happy life of Francis Macomber - 3/5 starsThe capital of the world - 4/5 starsThe snows of Kilimanjaro - 3/5 starsOld man at the bridge - 3/5 starsUp in Michigan - 2/5 starsOn the Quai at Smyrna - 1/5 starsIndian Camp - 3/5 starsThe doctor and the doctor's wife - 2/5 starsThe end of something - 2/5 starsThe three-day blow - 3/5 starsThe battler - 3.5/5 starsA very short story - 3/5 starsSoldier's home - 4/5 starsThe revolutionist - 2/5 starsMr. and Mrs. Elliot - 3/5 starsCat in the


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.