Books Download The Summer of the Swans Free

Share:

Declare Books During The Summer of the Swans

Original Title: The Summer of the Swans
ISBN: 0670681903 (ISBN13: 9780670681907)
Edition Language: English
Literary Awards: Newbery Medal (1971)
Books Download The Summer of the Swans  Free
The Summer of the Swans Hardcover | Pages: 142 pages
Rating: 3.6 | 9709 Users | 565 Reviews

Description Supposing Books The Summer of the Swans

A Newbery Medal Winner

All summer Sara Godfrey has fretted over herself, her impossible body, her terrible new haircut. One moment she's elated, the next, she's in tears. And she can't figure out why. Maybe her wildly changing moods are tied to the sudden and unaccountable appearance of the swans, which hold the rapt attention of Charlie, Sara's mentally handicapped brother, who she loves far more than herself these days. In fact, it will be the sudden disappearance of Charlie that will compel Sara to abandon her own small, annoying miseries, and lose herself in searching for him. In her anguish, Sara turns to Joe Melby, whom she has long despised, and together they search through the dense woods and rough fields to find him. Sara knows that she will never be the same again.


"A compelling story."— Publishers Weekly

Describe Regarding Books The Summer of the Swans

Title:The Summer of the Swans
Author:Betsy Byars
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 142 pages
Published:March 30th 1970 by Viking Press
Categories:Young Adult. Fiction. Childrens. Realistic Fiction

Rating Regarding Books The Summer of the Swans
Ratings: 3.6 From 9709 Users | 565 Reviews

Assessment Regarding Books The Summer of the Swans
Simple story. Typical teenage girl beginning to face uncertainty about herself although her life has been full of challenges. Not a very fast paced book but it's short so it doesn't take long to read. Not the most uplifting book, but offers a small silver lining at the end. I'm surprised it won the Newbery Award since it seemed fairly simple. The swans play a fairly small role despite the book's title. There is no foul language or use of God's name. No sexual references, not even kissing. There

I read The Summer of the Swans as part of my quest to read all of the Newbery Medal wining books. The Summer of the Swans gives us a brief glimpse into a few summer days of a family in West Virginia. Charlie, a young boy who is dealing with the after effects of a traumatic brain injury, wants to go see the swans at a nearby lake, but gets lost. The book may not fit everyones modern day taste in literature, but for the time of the books publication, 1970, showing the traits, strengths, and

I read this one as a child; I am sure I did. I am certain because I was as obsessive as a youngster as I am now. I set out to read every Newbery Award winning book when I was about ten, and this 1970 award winner was on the list in 1979. The problem is that I couldn't remember whether I liked it or not. After reading it today, it became clear why: it is about as memorable as vanilla ice cream. It's not bad, it just isn't great. My fifth grade girls who read it for their literature circle enjoyed

I loved this book - a tender depiction of Charlie, a 10-year old boy in WV, before they had a label for autism. I know other reviewers say "not much happened". Often my children ask me, "tell us a story from your childhood", a setting very similar to that of Sara and Charlie's - simple, rural, imperfect, gentle - and compared to present day overstimulated, oversized American culture, well, not much happened. It was like looking back into a time capsule, reading this book, a time (1970) when

This was a very good read aloud. We didnt want to wait to find out what happened. Such a sweet book.

Read this one because it was a Newbery winner. It only grazed the surface of the things I found most interesting about the book, which I found frustrating. It read almost like an extended short story rather than a novel.

We finished Summer of the Swans the other day (amazing how long it takes for us to read such a teenie little book). I was...underwhelmed. All the teachers who recommended it raved about it, but I didn't see what the big deal was. It centers around the relationship between a sister and her mentally challenged younger brother, who gets lost in West Virginia mine country. The idea itself was good, but the story was slow, and then it ended very abruptly. I would have prefered it better if the story

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.