Details Out Of Books Wolfsbane and Mistletoe (Sookie Stackhouse #8.5 - Gift Wrap)
| Title | : | Wolfsbane and Mistletoe (Sookie Stackhouse #8.5 - Gift Wrap) |
| Author | : | Charlaine Harris |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 340 pages |
| Published | : | October 7th 2008 by Ace Books |
| Categories | : | Fantasy. Urban Fantasy. Paranormal. Anthologies. Short Stories. Vampires. Shapeshifters. Werewolves |

Charlaine Harris
Hardcover | Pages: 340 pages Rating: 3.74 | 10708 Users | 566 Reviews
Rendition Concering Books Wolfsbane and Mistletoe (Sookie Stackhouse #8.5 - Gift Wrap)
Edited by Charlaine Harris and Toni L. P. Kelner, this hair-raising holiday collection includes fifteen original tales—including an original Sookie Stackhouse story.The holidays can bring out the beast in anyone- particularly lycanthropes. Charlaine Harris and Toni L. P. Kelner have harvested the scariest, funniest, saddest werewolf tales by an outstanding pack of authors, best read by the light of a full moon with a silver bullet close at hand.
Whether wolfing down a holiday feast (use your imagination) or craving some hair of the dog on New Year's morning, the werewolves in these frighteningly original stories will surprise, delight, amuse, and scare the pants off readers who love a little wolfsbane with their mistletoe.
Gift Wrap - Charlaine Harris
The Haire of the Beast - Donna Andrews
Lucy, at Christmastime - Simon R. Green
The Night Things Changed - Dana Cameron
The Werewolf Before Christmas - Kat Richardson
Fresh Meat - Alan Gordon
Il Est Né - Carrie Vaughn
The Perfect Gift - Dana Stabenow
Christmas Past - Keri Arthur
SA - J. A. Konrath
The Star of David - Patricia Briggs
You'd Better Not Pyout - Nancy Pickard
Rogue Elements - Karen Chance
Milk and Cookies - Rob Thurman
Keeping Watch over His Flock - Toni L. P. Kelner
Describe Books During Wolfsbane and Mistletoe (Sookie Stackhouse #8.5 - Gift Wrap)
| Original Title: | Wolfsbane and Mistletoe |
| ISBN: | 0441016332 (ISBN13: 9780441016334) |
| Edition Language: | English URL http://charlaineharris.com/wolfsbane-mistletoe/ |
| Series: | Sookie Stackhouse #8.5 - Gift Wrap, Nightside #8.4 - Lucy at Christmastime, Fangborn #0.1 (The Night Things Changed), Kitty Norville #2.5 - Il Est Né , more |
Rating Out Of Books Wolfsbane and Mistletoe (Sookie Stackhouse #8.5 - Gift Wrap)
Ratings: 3.74 From 10708 Users | 566 ReviewsAssessment Out Of Books Wolfsbane and Mistletoe (Sookie Stackhouse #8.5 - Gift Wrap)
"Wolfsbane and Mistletoe" is an anthology containing werewolf stories by 15 different authors including Keri Arthur, Patricia Briggs, Karen Chance, Simon R Green, Charlaine Harris, and Carrie Vaughn, among others. There's something for everyone here as the stories range from humorous to scary, a little spicy to plain vanilla. Each story is fairly short which makes the book easy to put down and pick back up without 'losing' anything. And finally, each story also centers around the holiday season,I finished the last werewolf story around two am and it was a good one. It was Keeping Watch Over His Flock by Toni L. P. Kelner. I will have to look for some of her books. I also really enjoyed Milk and Cookies by Rob Thurman. I didn't expect the ending but the school bully got his just desserts or comeuppance as Grace Metalious would say! Rogue Elements had way too much "bragging, kickass" werewolf stuff so I quit reading it. I will be able to read most of these again around Christmas but
Review Courtesy of AllThingsUrbanFantasy.blogspot.comReview: "Gift Wrap" by Charlaine Harris occurs chronically after From Dead To Worse (book 8) in the Sookie Stackhouse Series and you might want to save this story for later if you plan on reading the Sookie series and arent caught up as there are a number of spoilers (but of course my reviews are always spoiler free). Sookie is an odd character. I remember wondering if she was mentally challenged when I started the first Sookie book because

I read only a select few of the stories in this anthology... not trying out any new authors, only authors I currently read. :)1. Gift Wrap by Charlaine Harris. 3 Stars. Not sure how I feel about this one... It didn't really paint Sookie or Niall in the best light. If I wasn't already a follower of the Sookie Stackhouse series, I wouldn't pick it up after reading this short story.2. The Werewolf Before Christmas by Kat Richardson. 3 Stars. This one made me laugh out loud several times. One of my
Generally, the best stories in here are the ones not set in any of the worlds of the author's books and the werewolf and Christmas themes are closely tied together. Gift Wrap by Charlaine Harris 3/5A story about Sookie from Harris's Southern Vampires series. Sookie finds herself alone on Christmas Eve. Or so she thinks. Features the strangest Christmas gift a relative can give. The Haire of the Beast by Donna Andrews 3/5A college T.A.'s brother wants her to make him a spell that'll turn him into
Well, there it is again. This is why I try and stay away from anthologies, and if I do pick them up, I skim through them to read the ones that relate to the series I'm interested in. So this is what I thought.Gift Wrap by Charlaine Harris - 3.5 StarsSet in the Sookie Stackhouse world. I actually enjoyed it, even though for some reason I remember having read this story already but can't remember where, when or how.The Haire of the Beast by Donna Andrews - 2 StarsI wasn't really into this story,
"Gift Wrap" by Charlaine Harris starts with a depressed and lonely Sookie all alone on Christmas Eve, and quickly turns to her discovering an injured Werewolf in her woods. Of course, there is more to this Were than meets the eye. I liked this story; it was nice and humble, and Niall made an appearance as well. One note: I would love to have a great-grandfather, or any family member for that matter, give me a Christmas "gift" like Sookie got. Lucky Girl!"The Haire of the Beast" by Donna Andrews


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.