Books Online The Planetary Omnibus (Planetary #1-4) Download Free

Share:

Define Books During The Planetary Omnibus (Planetary #1-4)

Original Title: The Planetary Omnibus
ISBN: 1401242383 (ISBN13: 9781401242381)
Edition Language: English
Series: Planetary #1-4
Books Online The Planetary Omnibus (Planetary #1-4) Download Free
The Planetary Omnibus (Planetary #1-4) Hardcover | Pages: 864 pages
Rating: 4.52 | 1974 Users | 234 Reviews

Particularize Based On Books The Planetary Omnibus (Planetary #1-4)

Title:The Planetary Omnibus (Planetary #1-4)
Author:Warren Ellis
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Omnibus
Pages:Pages: 864 pages
Published:January 28th 2014 by DC Comics (first published December 8th 2011)
Categories:Sequential Art. Comics. Graphic Novels. Fiction. Science Fiction. Superheroes. Dc Comics. Comic Book. Fantasy

Commentary In Pursuance Of Books The Planetary Omnibus (Planetary #1-4)

Planetary has been hailed as a timeless story that turned modern superhero conventions on their heads.
Written by Warren Ellis (Transmetropolitan) and with stunning art by John Cassaday (Astonishing X-Men), this critically acclaimed, landmark series took a look at the inter-dimensional peace-keeping force known as Planetary.
The trio on the ground includes Elijah Snow, a hundred-year-old man, Jakita Wagner, an extremely powerful woman, and The Drummer, a man with the ability to communicate with machines. Tasked with tracking down evidence of super-human activity, these mystery archaeologists uncover unknown paranormal secrets and histories, such as a World War II supercomputer that can access other universes, a ghostly spirit of vengeance, and a lost island of dying monsters.

Collecting: Planetary 1-27, Preview; Planetary/Authority: Ruling the World; Planetary/JLA: Terra Occulta; Planetary/Batman: Night on Earth

Rating Based On Books The Planetary Omnibus (Planetary #1-4)
Ratings: 4.52 From 1974 Users | 234 Reviews

Write-Up Based On Books The Planetary Omnibus (Planetary #1-4)
I'm sure I'm not saying anything other people haven't said before, but Planetary is astoundingly good. Like, really, really good.The story begins quite simply, with a series of done-in-one stories that are awesome, but don't seem to have much connective tissue, before dovetailing into a massive conspiracy that has the three main characters traveling the world and discovering wonders that bring them closer to their ultimate goal which is at once enormously important and deeply personal. The three

I thought that this would take me a few days to read. It's 800+ pages, and nearly every page is content: 27 regular issues of Planetary, a promotional issue, and three special crossover issues. It's a lot of comics. And I actually read it all in one day, because I just didn't want to stop reading.This is in the same microgenre as The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, a new piece of fiction that functions, at least in part, as a collection of homages to fictional works of the past. Ellis's

Great art, fantastic concept, strong characters... so what falls a little short? Unfortunately, the execution. This book falls into the camp of 'now that I've finished the book, I need to re-read it to fully appreciate it'. Generally speaking, I find books like this too clever for their own good. The 'setup' storyline (ie: the first third of the story) is a bit of a chore to work through. Like watching some of the vague X-Files episodes where Mulder is piecing things together and the viewer



So I'm not done. In fact I'm only 200 pages in. But it's neither Transmetropolitan nor can I continue at this point. Gonna shelve it for now and pick up again later. It does have potential though, and nods to Top 10, Multiversity, and Final Crisis.

Elijah Snow is recruited for Planetary, a secret group of archaeologists uncovering the secret history of the 20th century. But who is the mysterious Fourth Man of Planetary? And why are there gaps in Snow's memory?I read the first few issues of Planetary in singles as they were published. Frankly, I didn't appreciate it as much as I should have, probably because I didn't get a lot of the references. Now, almost twenty years later, I'm reading the big honkin' omnibus I've had in my possession

This is one of the most consistently imaginative series I've read in a long time. Each issue is it's own story and explores a really unique and thought out science fiction idea. However an overarching story is slowly revealed and it keeps the mystery of it's details secret until even the last issue, keeping you engaged and putting the pieces together throughout. Warren Ellis is so good at creating such a complex reality with so many fascinating and complicated elements. Teamed up with the

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.