Download Free From Ashes to Honor (First Responders #1) Audio Books

Share:

Mention Appertaining To Books From Ashes to Honor (First Responders #1)

Title:From Ashes to Honor (First Responders #1)
Author:Loree Lough
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 335 pages
Published:September 1st 2011 by Abingdon Press (first published August 26th 2011)
Categories:Christian Fiction. Christian. Romance. Fiction. Contemporary
Download Free From Ashes to Honor (First Responders #1) Audio Books
From Ashes to Honor (First Responders #1) Paperback | Pages: 335 pages
Rating: 3.58 | 648 Users | 73 Reviews

Relation To Books From Ashes to Honor (First Responders #1)

SOON TO BE AN AUDIO BOOK @ AUDIBLE! (NOTE: INCORRECTLY LISTED AS CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE; IT'S MAINSTREAM FICTION. :-) )

If he had only answered that last phone call from the World Trade Center . . .

Minutes before two jumbo jets changed U.S. history, New York police officer Austin Finley ignored the call from his brother, who d been bugging him for days. Trying to live with his one regret causes hatred and bitterness to consume Austin, and when counselor Mercy Samara recommends desk duty, Austin resigns.
Haunted by her own memories of 9/11, Mercy takes a job as a school counselor in Baltimore. When Austin, now an EMT, responds to an emergency at Mercy s school, both are stunned and wary.
Finally their common and painful memories turn suspicion into friendship, then romance. But hard questions linger: Can they truly move beyond their past harsh judgments and harsh words?
Will their past finally bring them closer or as the tenth anniversary of 9/11 draws near drive them farther apart?

"Loree Lough proves once again her superb storytelling skills in From Ashes to Honor, peopled by characters so lifelike they seem to jump from the pages." Cathy Bryant, author of the award-winning Texas Roads and A Path Less Traveled
"Loree Lough s characters allow us to re-explore what happened ten years agoand examine our feelings, perhaps like never before." Rev. Robert A. Crutchfield, Founder, Christ 4responders and Chaplain, Katy, Texas Fire & EMS"

Itemize Books In Pursuance Of From Ashes to Honor (First Responders #1)

Original Title: From Ashes to Honor (First Responders, #1)
ISBN: 142670769X (ISBN13: 9781426707698)
Edition Language: English
Series: First Responders #1

Rating Appertaining To Books From Ashes to Honor (First Responders #1)
Ratings: 3.58 From 648 Users | 73 Reviews

Column Appertaining To Books From Ashes to Honor (First Responders #1)
Losing a twin brother in the Trade Center, and unable to cope, brought him to the counselor Mercy. His anger was an issue and she didnt recommend him returning to his job. Turning to buying a dump of a boat and fixing it up, and becoming an EMT, was a lot less stress for him.Three years later a boy injured on the football fields he meets her again. She too changed jobs and became a counselor at the high school. He is a Christian while she isnt and yet he wants to pursue her, which didnt quite

Dr. Mercy Samara, a psychiatrist and NYPD officer Austin Finley, are two people broken and forever changed by the tragedy of September 11th. The aftermath of that horrible day combined with their grief and loss eventually costs both of them their jobs, and comes pretty close to taking their lives as well. From Ashes to Honor is an emotional story of guilt, regret, loss, and healing. It is the story of two mentally and emotionally broken people whose paths initially cross because of the horrible

This book is a heartfelt story that will pull you into a world where events can have powerful consequences down the line. The world changing tragedy of 9/11 put a different spin on everyones life. Austin Finley and Mercy Samara find themselves drawn apart and then brought back together, years after when other events blossom to life. Loree Lough is one of those gifted authors who can bring you deep into the hearts and souls of her characters making them become friends in just a few pages. Love

Thisa book was free from the Nook store on BN.com, and its current price is $9.48. I read it because I liked the concept of stories about First Responders, and how their lives have changed in the ten years since 9/11/2001. I knew the book was Christian fiction, and I was willing to overlook the parts where I thought different characters were repeating the same dialogue without the author changing the words to better suit the current character speaking. What I can't overlook is why doesn't Austin

It's really hard for me to find something good to say about this book. It jumps forward in time, yet nothing happens. The beginning was good, but then it goes nowhere. Austin seems to grow and develop as a character, but most of that is done during the period of time the readers are not privy to. He is a great hero; flawed, but redeemed/redeemable and working hard to make something of his life. Mercy, on the other hand, doesn't grow or make any changes. And then for this book to be classified as

First book in First Responders series. First time reading this author, at times I thought same old cliche but not. Ending quite a shock. Will read her again

Overall, I really enjoyed the book. It's definitely one that stuck with me, I had a difficult time putting it down. However, there were a couple of things that I didn't like. The ending was very abrupt. I felt like it needed more. I also didn't like how it seemed to jump forward in time, skipping over things. That said, I really enjoyed getting to know the characters. I felt that the author was adept at getting the reader to care about the people in the book. I know I did! I look forward to

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.