Just Jane (Ladies of History #2) 
I so love anything by or about Jane Austin...I am one of thousands, I know. This book is not high literature but don't we all need a little respite once in a while and this is my cup of tea. In fact I do have a cup of tea along with "jane" and can't wait to indulge at the end of the afternoon with her....Happy Valentine's Day. Tomorrow my daughter and I are having a Valentine Tea in honor of Jane Austin for my Jane Austin Book Society organization at my daughter's home. Wish all my goodreads
"Just Jane" is a novel about Jane Austen's life. The author, Nancy Moser, strove to discover as many facts as possible for the book. However, because many of Jane's letters were destroyed after her death, there are gaps in her life, which Moser had to do her best to fill in. In the back of the novel, Moser was kind enough to list what was fact and what was fiction in her book. I appreciated that.As for the story, I enjoyed it. It was quaint and cozy. Jane led a simple, quiet life. She was a

This was a good read, and I really enjoyed reading more about Jane Austen's life. This book has inspired me to read the biography written by her nephew - James Edward Austen-Leigh. As historical fiction, it does draw many conclusions about her life that are not actually based in fact. At best, it uses Austen's books, Austen's biography by her nephew as well as other biographies and references. These are pulled into a novel format for entertaining reading. I feel it an accurate portrayal of the
I have really enjoyed this entire series of historical novels. I can tend to be wary of books that involve Jane Austen, but this one does a nice job of giving a sense of the way things might have been without copying too much of the authors original language or voice. I actually had seen this one mentioned at Home With Purpose in February and decided to pick it up from the library for myself.
Jane Austen of course is legend to us today. Although I have heard some historical discrepancies from one or two things in this novel of her life, I really see this as a depiction that is the most true to how I see Jane's life. Nancy Moser did a wonderful job bringing the light of Jane to a realistic picture for me and I could imagine every scene of her story. At first I was reading on a depressed note, thinking of the Jane movies I have seen recently just knowing that it will end with her
I enjoyed reading this fictional account of Jane Austen's life, based on actual facts. I learned about some things I didn't already know, such as her marriage proposal. I also appreciated the insight into the feelings of Jane during the different stages of her life. The writing style, however, was slightly distracting as the author tried to write like Jane Austen. I suppose it was necessary, though, because she tried to use Jane's actual words whenever she could. It did get better as the book
Nancy Moser
ebook | Pages: 0 pages Rating: 3.73 | 1343 Users | 186 Reviews

Particularize Books During Just Jane (Ladies of History #2)
| ISBN: | 1441205519 (ISBN13: 9781441205513) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Ladies of History #2 |
| Characters: | Jane Austen |
Representaion Conducive To Books Just Jane (Ladies of History #2)
Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Emma...these titles conjure up a romantic world of rolling English countrysides, elegant balls, noble gentlemen, and headstrong gentlemen's daughters. But how much do we know about the woman who immortalized those times and names like Mr. Darcy and Miss Elizabeth Bennett? Growing up in a clergyman's home gave Jane Austen opportunities to watch human nature at its best--and worst. Drawing from historical sources as well as her own keen imagination, Christy Award-winner Nancy Moser transports readers inside the life and times of the literary world's most beloved heroine. Known for her moving and unique Mozart's Sister, Nancy Moser brings to life the mind and wit of Jane Austen--the loves, disappointments, and victories that shaped the novels that have remained popular for nearly two hundred years.Point Out Of Books Just Jane (Ladies of History #2)
| Title | : | Just Jane (Ladies of History #2) |
| Author | : | Nancy Moser |
| Book Format | : | ebook |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 0 pages |
| Published | : | January 1st 2007 by Baker Publishing Group |
| Categories | : | Historical. Historical Fiction. Christian Fiction. Fiction. Romance |
Rating Out Of Books Just Jane (Ladies of History #2)
Ratings: 3.73 From 1343 Users | 186 ReviewsWeigh Up Out Of Books Just Jane (Ladies of History #2)
(Two and one-half stars: I definitely thought it was OK and I nearly liked it).The life of Jane Austen reads like one of her novels in most ways. There are balls, flirtations, close friends, tiresome family members, adverse financial situations which make marriage an apparent necessity and choices which hold out for love despite adverse financial situations. In one major aspect, however, the biography and the novels of Austen diverge: a happy romantic ending. Austen died at the age of 41,I so love anything by or about Jane Austin...I am one of thousands, I know. This book is not high literature but don't we all need a little respite once in a while and this is my cup of tea. In fact I do have a cup of tea along with "jane" and can't wait to indulge at the end of the afternoon with her....Happy Valentine's Day. Tomorrow my daughter and I are having a Valentine Tea in honor of Jane Austin for my Jane Austin Book Society organization at my daughter's home. Wish all my goodreads
"Just Jane" is a novel about Jane Austen's life. The author, Nancy Moser, strove to discover as many facts as possible for the book. However, because many of Jane's letters were destroyed after her death, there are gaps in her life, which Moser had to do her best to fill in. In the back of the novel, Moser was kind enough to list what was fact and what was fiction in her book. I appreciated that.As for the story, I enjoyed it. It was quaint and cozy. Jane led a simple, quiet life. She was a

This was a good read, and I really enjoyed reading more about Jane Austen's life. This book has inspired me to read the biography written by her nephew - James Edward Austen-Leigh. As historical fiction, it does draw many conclusions about her life that are not actually based in fact. At best, it uses Austen's books, Austen's biography by her nephew as well as other biographies and references. These are pulled into a novel format for entertaining reading. I feel it an accurate portrayal of the
I have really enjoyed this entire series of historical novels. I can tend to be wary of books that involve Jane Austen, but this one does a nice job of giving a sense of the way things might have been without copying too much of the authors original language or voice. I actually had seen this one mentioned at Home With Purpose in February and decided to pick it up from the library for myself.
Jane Austen of course is legend to us today. Although I have heard some historical discrepancies from one or two things in this novel of her life, I really see this as a depiction that is the most true to how I see Jane's life. Nancy Moser did a wonderful job bringing the light of Jane to a realistic picture for me and I could imagine every scene of her story. At first I was reading on a depressed note, thinking of the Jane movies I have seen recently just knowing that it will end with her
I enjoyed reading this fictional account of Jane Austen's life, based on actual facts. I learned about some things I didn't already know, such as her marriage proposal. I also appreciated the insight into the feelings of Jane during the different stages of her life. The writing style, however, was slightly distracting as the author tried to write like Jane Austen. I suppose it was necessary, though, because she tried to use Jane's actual words whenever she could. It did get better as the book


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.